No bake cookies are perfect for a chocolate fix, without the oven! The recipe has just six ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes. And – bonus – there’s no stove involved.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups rolled oats (old-fashioned oats)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- unsweetened coconut flakes for rolling (optional)
- Grab a cookie sheet and line it with either wax paper or parchment paper. You’ll put the shaped cookies on this non-stick surface for cooling.
- In a medium or large microwavable mixing bowl, melt the coconut oil. If it’s really hot outside, just set the bowl outside (covered) for 15 minutes.
- To the melted oil, add the cocoa powder and syrup. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the oats, peanut butter, and vanilla. Mix until well-combined.
- Using a spoon – or clean hands (my preference) – roll the dough into golf ball-sized (or marble, or baseball – it’s up to you).
- Place each ball on the prepared pan directly, or roll each one in flaked coconut and then put it on the pan.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes, if you can wait that long, and then enjoy.
- If you don’t have maple syrup – honey, brown rice syrup, agave, and other liquid sweeteners will work. If you want to use granulated sugar, that will work too – just melt it with the oil in step 2.
- My cocoa powder is super dark, so our cookies are almost black. If your powder is lighter in color, so will your cookies be.
- Chunky or creamy peanut butter, natural or not – they will all work. If you don’t want added sugar (other than what you add), watch the label of your PB.
Nutrition information is based on a batch of 24 cookies.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Category: Desserts, Snacks
- Method: No Cook
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 116
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
Keywords: chocolate, dessert, no bake