Pumpkin spice and a lot of other things that are nice! That’s what we have here – cinnamon-sprinkled smooth, creamy pumpkin, yogurt, and nut butter. Mix in some fruit, nuts or seeds, and you have a darn delicious meal or snack.
This recipe is very flexible and substitute-friendly! All measurements are approximate, so please experiment to find what works best for your taste. 😋
Combine all ingredients in a big-enough bowl.
Eat with a diligent spoon. 😉
- Pumpkin subs: Applesauce, although not as nutrient-dense, makes a great substitute.
- Dairy-free subs for yogurt: plant-based yogurt or milk, mashed banana or 1/2 avocado.
- Yogurt subs: sour cream, crème fraîche, ricotta, or cottage cheese.
- Fruit: I love pears in my bowl (so “fall”!). Apples, oranges, berries, plums, peaches, bananas … Really, almost any fruit will be great.
- Almond butter: try peanut, cashew, sunflower, hazelnut butter.
- Flaxseed: Chia seeds or hemp hearts.
Sprinkle in whole or chopped nuts or seeds as you like.
Nutrition information is based on nonfat plain yogurt, almond butter, 1/4 scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard protein powder, no nuts, and 1 tsp flaxseed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 recipe
- Calories: 313
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 110 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 11 mg
Keywords: breakfast bowl, snack, gluten-free, refined sugar free